Eyebrows are certainly having a moment. With stars choosing bolder, thicker, and more precise shapes, women everywhere are clamoring to up their eyebrow game.
For a long time, the go-to salon offering for eyebrow grooming has been waxing, but a new method of facial hair removal has entered the scene: threading. Many women are reluctant to try this new technique because they don’t know how it compares to waxing.
Fear not! We are here to explain these two hair removal techniques, how they compare, and how they differ. From there, you decide the best way to shape your brows so they make the statement you desire.
The main thing that waxing and threading have in common is they both remove hair from the root. This makes them especially nice for removing unwanted facial hair from the upper lip, cheeks, sideburns, hairline, and neck.
As the old standby, waxing is more familiar. This method of hair removal is a standard in nearly all beauty salons and spas, and appears as frequently as haircuts and manicures on salon menu boards. Using hot wax, the esthetician removes the hair from the follicle to create smooth, defined brows.
Take a look at some of the benefits of using this method:
- Works on more parts of the body like underarms, arms, legs, bikini zone, and back
- Lasts longer in between sessions, keeping your brows precise for up to 4 weeks
- Makes hair grow back thinner and finer, which over time keeps your brows (and other areas) less hairy
- Has become a standard offering, so this popular method is widely available at salons and spas
- Creates sharp, precise lines on the brows
As we mentioned, threading is an increasingly popular hair removal option that women are falling for all over the nation. The technician uses a cotton thread to grab, twist, and remove hairs individually. Threading allows for the precision of tweezing in much less time, creating a more natural look than waxing.
Here are some of the pros of threading your eyebrows:
- Does not irritate or pull on the skin
- Takes a short time—often brows are done in 5 minutes
- Shapes brows with detail to create the precise look you are going for
- Removes the fine hairs that wax sometimes cannot get—this also means you can thread your eyebrows sooner than you can wax them, keeping your brows on point all the time
- Growing in popularity, so more salons are starting to offer it
- Provides excellent, precise results on the face only
It is obvious that there are pros to each brow-shaping method. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but each method provides amazing results that will keep your brow game up to scratch. At Marilyn Monroe Spas, we offer waxing and threading to keep our clients hair free and feeling fabulous. Book an appointment with a brow professional, and see how well-defined eyebrows can change your face!